Hello Folks, i know you have urge to develop an Android Application, but let me tell you one thing – Before you start developing, know for what you are developing.
What makes it more valuable to know Android?
- Better understanding of the Android technology
- Be familiar with evolution of the Android
- Get to know basic terms of it for better understanding of other higher aspects of Android
- Be more into theory parts at starting stage and understand them all way to depth
- If your base is perfect from the deep about Android, you will sink more knowledge within yourself for development
As many of us already hear about Android but let me make some light over it.
- Android era starts since 5th of November, 2007 (a movember month :D)
- Its been free open source for all the developers and manufactures to modify the way they want
- Based on Linux Kernel
- Start by Google and later then further handle by OHA (Open Handset Alliance)
- Its an open source platform, so already made application development Easy and Fast
What’s the OHA?
Group of technology and mobile companies team together & they form an association termed as – Open Handset Alliance (OHA). OHA has made so many things including technologies, barriers, platforms, standards etc. open for developers and manufactures. What makes it more useful that now they can alter all things as they want and can also suggest changes. OHA’s main goal is to provide richer experience with all open standards to all tech giants. The reason behind this is, handset manufactures are now been free to pay licencing fees to load the Android into their devices.
Finally, all the benefits way goes up to all developers and manufactures as they will get all things done how they like and feel to change so they can deliver more rapidly to the mankind.
- Alpha (1.0) – 09/2008
- Beta (1.1) – 02/2009
- Cupcake (1.5) – 04/2009
- Donut (1.6) – 09/2009
- Eclair (2.0 – 2.1) – 10/2009
- Froyo (2.2 – 2.2.3) – 05/2010
- Gingerbread (2.3 – 2.3.7) – 12/2010
- HoneyComb (3.0 – 3.2.6) – 02/2011
- Ice Cream (4.0 – 4.0.4) – 10/2011
- Jelly Bean (4.1 – 4.3.1) – 08/2012
- KitKat (4.4 – 4.4.4, 4.4W – 4.4W2) – 09/2013
- Lollipop (5.0 – 5.1.1 ) – 11/2014
- MarshMallow (6.0) – 10/2015
Most probably, earlier versions of Android did not get that much popularity then the later versions. That’s why, still few people in the world holds Froyo and GingerBread versions of android in their smart phones. Honeycomb also did not make more impact on Android users and google release its successor versions Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean and KitKat that did have generated more interest of people towards them self and they are still popular among Android Users.
Lately then, Lollipop comes into the market and acquire a place in the heart of Users and developers by its fluent behavior in the GUI with more features and more API integration inside an application. Most of android devices that people purchase now a days in the market comes with Lollipop version pre-installed in it direct out of the box. The handset manufactures has already starts releasing newer version of Android – MarshMallow to their devices that contains higher compatible configurations.
So for now, its all what you have to know about status of Android in our world. We does not discussed more about earlier days of Android in depth, cause those are the days of golden era for Android and now its shining like Diamond among us. You can always post your queries as comment so we can resolve them quickly.
“Bless for You, Peace for the World” – Purvik Rana